Tuesday, September 02, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Creates a Card with the Trendy Feathers Set



Hi, it's Cornelia here today playing with the Vignette: Trendy Feathers set from STAMPlorations!





And here's how this card came together:


Supplies




I die cut the Poppy fluffy feather from white cardstock.


Inked up the feathers and stamped around the opening, masking off the top part.



I stamped the sentiment onto the die cut, cut 5 more feathers and glued them together. Still needed more definition so I sponged around the edges.


I assembled the card and added a silk ribbon to the feather and some sequins.


You like it? I do. Now in retrospect you may ask why I bothered cutting out the feather first? Well, because I originally had something else in mind, but then things took its own course and that was what I ended up with.... I usually have a vague idea of what I'm going to do and then I see where it takes me.



How do you make your cards? More structured? I'd be interested to know. Much fun to combine stamping with die cutting. I am sure you all know this already....
Have a great day and thanks for visiting us today.


stmp1037.jpeg

2 comments:

  1. Cornelia...I'm swooning over the cluster of feathers you've designed here - and that's speaking volumes of how lovely I consider your card, as swoons are usually induced by butterflies! These feathers - and the way you've showcased them in a stamped+diecut combination - nothing short of stunning!! Gorgeous! Adding to my 'must try' list!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)