Thursday, July 13, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Colors a Colored Card Base



Hi, Cornelia here today, jumping on the colored card base bandwagon. Less is More and AAA Card Challenges teamed up and want us to make a one layer card using a colored card base. And since I had no idea what to do for this spotlight post I figured I do just that. I like making one layer cards anyhow.


My stamp supplies:

InBloom1-RadiantRosespreview-Noteworthy2-SheryRussDesigns


Lets get started:


I inked up the stamp with Versamark and heat embossed it in clear. In retrospect that was a mistake and you will see why in a moment.


Started to color in the stamp with Inktense pencils and a water brush. I just colored in a small strip along the outline and them moved the color with the water brush.


Almost all colored. And I did not like it one little bit. Looks just flat and boring. Should have used a colored embossing powder... But I did not want to start over again. It's too late for that and I have to go to work tomorrow.....


White Sharpie to the rescue - just moved the Sharpie along the raised outlines and voila - all of a sudden it pops! Finished the card with some splatters and the sentiment.



Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA to get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies on all regular- and sale-priced items in the store.

So go and play along! Happy Stamping!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love your tip about the sharpie, looks great on the sentiment too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one for my 'excellent tips' folder. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one for my 'excellent tips' folder. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white sharpie was the perfect way to finish this dramatic card Cornelia
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, the colours are fresh and the design clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes the white really does make it pop and thanks for the tip about not embossing in clear x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The white outline makes it really pop :) Its beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good save with the white sharpie. Fun card. Using the coloured base adds an interesting challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the white outline really makes the image pop. Thanks for the ideas:)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)